Perfect sound through RoomPerfect™
One of the world’s most sophisticated solutions for adapting the sound system to the environment
Most high-end products are developed in sonically-ideal listening rooms with optimized dimensions and acoustic treatments. However, in reality, sound systems are installed in authentic living spaces, not sound labs. Your sound system should be perfect in your environment—and we can promise it will be. RoomPerfect™, developed by Peter Lyngdorf, is the end product of more than two decades of pioneering audio research and development. It is an intelligent system, which not only identifies the characteristics of the sound of your speakers but also requires specific measurements of your room acoustics. It then applies corrections to the signal over a twenty-minute process that leaves you with sound that’s perfectly adapted for the shape, size, and acoustic properties of your room.
Better sound, better design flexibility
Applying RoomPerfect™ calibration allows you to position your speakers in optimal positions in the room and allows you to design the arrangement that works best for your style. If you position a box-speaker against the wall, for example, you will enjoy a tighter bass and a higher efficiency from the speaker. RoomPerfect™ allows you to clean imperfections in the frequency response related to the positioning against the wall.
The uniqueness of RoomPerfect™
RoomPerfect™ works very differently to any alternatives and provides a different level of performance and consistency. Furthermore it is quick and easy to set up and is perfect for use in affordable stereo systems.
- Focus speaker measurement – RoomPerfect’s first measurement points the microphone directly at the front speakers. This measures the speakers with minimal additions from the room. Only by capturing this direct reading from your speakers can RoomPerfect preserve the performance rather than changing them to the sound the room correction system dictates.
- Room measurements – The acoustic errors a room creates are a complex three-dimensional problem. The only way they can be fully understood is by measuring all of the room in a three-dimensional way. This requires placing the microphone across the full height, width and length of the room rather than just across the seating area. RoomPerfect is unique in this. Only by fully understanding your rooms acoustics and the intended response of your speakers can the system produce such high fidelity.
- Combined speaker and woofer measurement – As RoomPerfect measures the system, the performance of each speaker is measured in conjunction with each subwoofer. This approach creates a seamless blend between the speakers and woofers. It’s very rare for subwoofers to perfectly align with the speakers. RoomPerfects combined approach achieves this first time, every time, which transforms the quality and consistency of your systems bass response.
Our core technologies
Fully digital systems
The benefits of RoomPerfect™
- Consistency and peace of mind – RoomPerfect™ achieves the best possible performance from any speaker system and ensures this same quality can be reproduced in room after room. No specialist training is required because it is an automated process.
- Confidence – RoomPerfect™ is an integral part of why Steinway Lyngdorf systems deliver exceptional results. They are the only music and home cinemas that can satisfy musicians and the most critical of listeners. The confidence of being able to demonstrate this to the most exacting of clients will change what you can offer and your conviction in delivering it.
- Demonstrably better results – The reproduction of sound in a room creates a huge number of technical challenges. There are over 54 unique elements to RoomPerfects patent which is one of the most in depth ever filed in the audio industry.
- A solution for music – RoomPerfect™ was developed for optimal music reproduction – a far more critical application than home cinema. It is unique in preserving the sound of your speakers rather than changing them to the target curve the room correction system dictates.